S.C. sting turns up 2,000 gallons of moonshine
Sheriff's office, investigators arrested one man in connection with the liquor operation
By Jenny Arnold
LANDRUM, S.C. — Nestled among green cornfields, with peaks of the Blue Ridge mountains in the distance, is a dusty, gravel road that winds its way into the woods in Landrum.
Off Plantation Drive, flanked by several old barns and sheds with rusted roofs, was hiding a secret to some residents of the area until Thursday - a moonshine distillery.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: S.C. sting turns up 2,000 gallons of moonshine
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help