S.C. sting turns up 2,000 gallons of moonshine
Sheriff's office, investigators arrested one man in connection with the liquor operation
By Jenny Arnold
LANDRUM, S.C. — Nestled among green cornfields, with peaks of the Blue Ridge mountains in the distance, is a dusty, gravel road that winds its way into the woods in Landrum.
Off Plantation Drive, flanked by several old barns and sheds with rusted roofs, was hiding a secret to some residents of the area until Thursday - a moonshine distillery.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: S.C. sting turns up 2,000 gallons of moonshine
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds