Man's suit says cops beat him, claims video proves it
A Chicago man says he was attacked by several police officers and has the video footage to prove it
By Ariel Cheung
CHICAGO — A West Pullman man says he was attacked by several police officers and has the video footage to prove it.
LaMonte Simmons, 22, filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday against Chicago Police alleging that officers used excessive force and made a baseless arrest in an August 2009 incident.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help