Man's suit says cops beat him, claims video proves it
A Chicago man says he was attacked by several police officers and has the video footage to prove it
By Ariel Cheung
CHICAGO — A West Pullman man says he was attacked by several police officers and has the video footage to prove it.
LaMonte Simmons, 22, filed a federal lawsuit Wednesday against Chicago Police alleging that officers used excessive force and made a baseless arrest in an August 2009 incident.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Use of Force
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy