Ill. police bust seven-state crime ring
Police say they have broken up a Florida-based theft and fraud ring
By Lenore T. Adkins
Chicago Daily Herald
CRYSTAL LAKE, Ill. — Police say they have broken up a Florida-based theft and fraud ring that spanned seven states and moved into the Northwest suburbs to continue its crime spree here, police said Thursday.
On Wednesday, police said, they arrested four members of the crime ring, some of them at the Arlington Heights hotel in which they had been staying.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. police bust seven-state crime ring
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman