Report: Ohio officer shot by fellow cop during raid
The Associated Press
Police Sgt. Michael Woods had originally said Officer Jane Borgenschutz was hit by a bullet from retirement home resident Gregory Wilson, who was arrested Sunday after police said he threatened residents with a gun.
However, an investigation showed that Borgenschutz was struck after a shot fired by one of the other officers ricocheted and hit her, spokeswoman Officer Betty Schwab said Friday.
Borgenschutz suffered minor injuries from the bullet that hit her armored vest.
Police said Wilson, 45, fired on the officers after they knocked on his door at the Eastland Manor.
He was charged with felonious assault, and other charges against him are pending, Schwab said.
Wilson was transferred to Franklin County Jail on Friday after being treated for a minor gunshot wound in his arm.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds