R.I. man dies in police custody shortly after arrest
WOONSOCKET, R.I.- A 41-year-old Woonsocket man dies in police custody shortly after he is arrested for disorderly conduct.
Police say the man was arrested at his home early Sunday following a fight with his wife and 19-year-old son.
Police Chief Michael Houle says the man died in the station's booking area within 90 minutes of his arrest.
State police Major Steven O'Donnell says the man was taken to Landmark Medical Center where he was pronounced dead at 4:45 a-m. State police are investigating his death.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman