Facebook's role in police investigations is growing
Actions raise debate on privacy rights, outdated laws
By Roger Yu
Police investigators in Cincinnati stumbled upon an online video last year showing an act of armed robbery, helpfully taped by the perpetrators themselves.
The analysts at the city's Real Time Crime Center found the footage on a Facebook page while using the popular social-media site to investigate another crime. The suspects were eventually arrested.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms