Police Seeking Security Chief in Connection with $3 Million Heist
NEW YORK (AP) - Investigators are trying to interview a Versace store security chief who disappeared after $3 million worth of jewelry was stolen from the design firm's Fifth Avenue boutique, the New York Post reported Thursday.
William Robinson, 33, of Brooklyn, has not been seen since the heist, which was discovered June 10 when employees opened a basement safe and found the jewelry missing, the officials said.
"We are very interested in speaking with him," Midtown North detective squad head Lt. Thomas Moroney told the Post.
There were no signs of forced entry and no one was injured in the heist. Police said the store's security camera videotapes are destroyed or missing.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds