Border Patrol Busts Smuggling Ring
TUCSON, Ariz (AP) - Tucson Sector Border Patrol agents arrested nine people involved with a smuggling ring for illegal immigrants ring in Tucson on Sept. 6.
Border Patrol agents received a tip about the smugglers from a man in Idaho, officials said. An address search yielded the location of the smugglers at a house where agents said they found 42 illegal immigrants.
The alleged leader of the organization is a legal permanent resident and the other eight suspects were identified as illegal entrants. The nine men now face immigrant smuggling charges.
"This typifies the callousness of the smuggler towards his human cargo," said Tucson Sector Border Patrol Chief David Aguilar. "Thanks to the assistance of the Tucson Police Department, we were able to dismantle another human smuggling organization."
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman