Fatal buttock injections highlight underground surgery market
So-called 'Black Madam' charged with murder after silicone injections kill British tourist; black-market procedure inspires 'pumping parties'
By Allison Steele
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — Authorities on Tuesday charged Philadelphia's "Black Madam" with murder for administering a series of fatal silicone buttock injections to a 20-year-old British tourist at an airport hotel last year.
Padge Victoria Windslowe, 42, was charged with third-degree murder, conspiracy, reckless endangerment, and other violations in the February 2011 death of Claudia Seye Aderotimi.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help