'Green' fuels inspire thieves to go after restaurants
Biodiesel's increased popularity drives up thefts of used cooking oil, costing restaurants and collectors thousands
By Sandy Bauers
The Philadelphia Inquirer
PHILADELPHIA — The thieves had pulled a white van up to the back of the snazzy Chestnut Street restaurant Buddakan.
Were they stealing cash, or the giant golden Buddha? A stash of the popular "dip sum" doughnuts?
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman