Officer cleared of battery in purse-snatching arrest
Suspect sought $52M in damages, received no compensation
By Elisha Sauers
ANNAPOLIS, Md. — A court case in Annapolis this week may have had a connection with "America's Most Wanted," but you won't find the trial coverage on prime-time TV.
Two women who worked for the show accused Joseph Christian Manriquez of snatching a purse in downtown Annapolis in 2008. City police charged him with felony theft, though the State's Attorney's Office decided not to prosecute.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house