Officer cleared of battery in purse-snatching arrest
Suspect sought $52M in damages, received no compensation
By Elisha Sauers
ANNAPOLIS, Md. — A court case in Annapolis this week may have had a connection with "America's Most Wanted," but you won't find the trial coverage on prime-time TV.
Two women who worked for the show accused Joseph Christian Manriquez of snatching a purse in downtown Annapolis in 2008. City police charged him with felony theft, though the State's Attorney's Office decided not to prosecute.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests