NYPD searching for links in shopkeeper shootings
All three victims were of Middle Eastern descent, stores were within 5-mile radius
NEW YORK — Police are searching for any further links in the deaths of three New York City shopkeepers who were shot by the same gun.
All three victims were of Middle Eastern descent. Their stores are within a 5-mile radius, and none of them have surveillance cameras.
The latest shooting death came Friday, when 78-year-old Rahmatollah Vahidipour was killed at his store. Police say the same gun was used in the deaths of Mohamed Gebeli in July and Isaac Kadare in August, also at their shops in Brooklyn. Authorities have said that ballistics evidence connected the weapon used in the first two deaths.
A call on Sunday to Vahidipour's home in Great Neck, N.Y., was not answered.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Evidence Collection
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper