Duffel-bag man found, questioned in slays
Same weapon used in killings found in girlfriend's apartment
Josh Margolin , Jamie Schram and Dan MacLeod
The New York Post
NEW YORK — A struggling Staten Island salesman who peddles clothing from a duffel bag was being questioned early today in the serial slayings of three Brooklyn store owners, law-enforcement sources said.
Authorities discovered a .22-caliber handgun - the type of used in all three murders - in the suspect's girlfriend's apartment, sources told The Post. Investigators will perform ballistics tests to see if it's the murder weapon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Duffel-bag man found, questioned in slays
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police