Flood of evidence in NYPD cases soaked
The forensics disaster includes DNA material from murder investigations to everyday crimes
By Jamie Schram, Jessica Simeone, and Dan Mangan
The New York Post
NEW YORK — Thousands of pieces of evidence in NYPD storage centers were contaminated by toxic Hurricane Sandy floodwaters, jeopardizing criminal prosecutions in an unknown number of cases.
The forensics disaster includes DNA material from murder investigations to everyday crimes - one burglary case in The Bronx is already affected, sources said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Flood of evidence in NYPD cases soaked
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy