Ex-cop, wife killed in murder-suicide
Toddler was at home at time of shooting, uninjured
San Francisco Examiner
HOLLY SPRINGS, N.C. — A former longtime BART officer and his wife are dead after an apparent murder-suicide in their North Carolina home Monday, authorities said.
Robert Seymore, 38, who retired in March of last year after nine years with the BART police force, and his wife Amber, also 38, were found fatally shot shortly after 9 a.m. in their suburban home near Raleigh, police there reported.
The couple’s 2-year-old child was in the home at the time of the shooting, police said, but was not injured. The bodies were found by the Amber Seymore’s mother, according to news reports. She had returned from dropping off the couple’s other two kids, 8 and 6 years old, at school.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police