Ohio officer cleared in shooting case
Suspect stabbed the officer twice before the officer fired a fatal shot
The Columbus Dispatch
FRANKLIN COUNTY, Ohio — A Franklin County grand jury has cleared an officer who shot and killed a man who stabbed him this past summer.
Officer Timothy Davis was attempting to arrest Derick Alexander, 51, on domestic-violence charges after Alexander's wife called police from Doctors Hospital to say he had beaten her.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ohio officer cleared in shooting case
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman