Ga. police training director found dead
The cause of death for a SWAT commander and training director is still under investigation
Duty Death: Mark Cotton - [Macon, Georgia]
By PoliceOne Staff
MACON, Ga. — The director of the Macon Police Training Academy was found dead late Sunday afternoon in the training facility.
The cause of death for Lt. Mark Cotton, 49, has not been released by the coroner, pending an autopsy, according to 13 WMAZ. Investigators have not given any indication they suspect foul play
Cotton was also the Macon Police SWAT Commander, and was on the board of the Georgia Tactical Officers Association.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation