Ga. police training director found dead
The cause of death for a SWAT commander and training director is still under investigation
Duty Death: Mark Cotton - [Macon, Georgia]
By PoliceOne Staff
MACON, Ga. — The director of the Macon Police Training Academy was found dead late Sunday afternoon in the training facility.
The cause of death for Lt. Mark Cotton, 49, has not been released by the coroner, pending an autopsy, according to 13 WMAZ. Investigators have not given any indication they suspect foul play
Cotton was also the Macon Police SWAT Commander, and was on the board of the Georgia Tactical Officers Association.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help