Official: 4 Tulsa women died of gunshot to head
Investigators have not said how the women knew each other or why they may have been targeted
TULSA, Okla. — The Oklahoma Medical Examiner's Office says four women found dead last week at a crime-plagued south Tulsa apartment complex each died from a gunshot wound to the head.
The office noted however that full autopsy reports are still pending for 23-year-old twin sisters Rebeika Powell and Kayetie Melchor, 33-year-old Misty Nunley and 55-year-old Julie Jackson.
Investigators have not said how the women knew each other or why they may have been targeted.
According to court records, police have identified a man who "at a minimum" witnessed the killings at the apartment. That man, who has not been charged or arrested in the quadruple homicide, is being held on unrelated charges in the Tulsa County jail.
A judge increased bond for the man from $11,000 to $250,000.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds