Video: Man impersonating cops flashes badge around
The man stole the 1960's badge from his girlfriend, whose father had been a cop
By Brad Devereaux
BUENA VISTA TOWNSHIP, MI — A man has been charged with impersonating a police officer after he flashed his badge and said he was an officer at two Saginaw businesses, according to police.
Thomas Coon, 50, is charged with two misdemeanor counts of impersonating a public officer and was arraigned on Friday, March 22, according to Saginaw County court records.
Coon was arrested after he flashed a Buena Vista Township police badge at a Saginaw 7-Eleven and later showed up at a bar, identifying himself as an officer and asking bar customers to buy him beer, according to police.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds