Phoenix police: Man left ammunition on school bus
A man reportedly got on a bus, rode it to a school and left a gun magazine with 15 rounds of ammunition on it
PHOENIX — Phoenix police are trying to figure out why a man reportedly got on a bus, rode it to a school and left a gun magazine with 15 rounds of ammunition on the bus.
Authorities say the man told an adult bus assistant he was with a boy who had also just boarded the Alhambra Elementary School District bus on Thursday.
The man got off the bus but police were called when a child found the magazine.
Officers say they later determined that the man approached the boy in his neighborhood Wednesday but was rebuffed.
Police arrested 29-year-old Jeremy West after getting tips when news broadcasts reported a description of the man on the bus.
West is charged with endangerment, criminal trespass and having a weapon on a school property.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house