Video: Miami police arrest victim's family in scuffle
Brothers "overcome with emotion" got into an altercation with police while the officers investigated a man's death
By Brian Hamacher
MIAMI — Two men who were involved in a scuffle with Miami Police at the scene of a fatal shooting in Overtown have been charged in the incident, police said Tuesday.
The incident began when police say a man, identified by family members as Brandon Walker, was shot and killed at the scene. Footage showed one man run through the crime scene and approach the body as officers try to take him away. A second man runs toward the officers and other man before a confrontation ensues.
Anthony Ezel Carl Walker, 28, is charged with battery on an officer and resisting an officer with violence in the incident that happened Monday in the area of 3rd Avenue and Northwest 22nd Street. Antwan Carl Walker, 27, was charged with resisting an officer without violence. Family members said Anthony and Antwan are the brothers of Brandon Walker.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms