FBI at NJ home of sister of Boston bomb suspects
The woman has told authorities she has not been in frequent touch with her brothers and is very upset
WEST NEW YORK, N.J. — The FBI is at the northern New Jersey home of the sister of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects.
The police director in West New York, N.J., says the woman has told authorities she has not been in frequent touch with her brothers. He says she is very upset.
Police did not have her name.
They have cordoned off the three-story brick building across the Hudson River from New York City.
The woman, speaking through a crack in the door, tells The Star-Ledger of Newark her brothers are smart and great people. She says she doesn't know what got into them.
She also tells the newspaper she is sorry for "all the people who are hurt."
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help