NM police on lookout for victims of 'mobile dentist'
Authorities are asking all victims of a man known as "El Dentista" to file a report. Santa Fe police say they want to build a strong case against Eliver Kestler, also known as Eliver Lopez
SANTA FE, N.M. — New Mexico investigators are looking for more victims of an unlicensed tooth doctor found operating as a "mobile dentist" out of a sedan around Santa Fe.
Authorities are asking all victims of a man known as "El Dentista" to file a report. Santa Fe police say they want to build a strong case against Eliver Kestler, also known as Eliver Lopez.
The 36-year-old was arrested April 20 following a tip from a former customer. Investigators discovered Kestler with a portable drill machine and other dental equipment in a small, red sedan.
Kestler told police he had a dentistry license in Mexico but no license in the U.S.
One woman told investigators she had teeth removed by Kestler but he didn't come through with replacements.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman