UK police probed after TASERed man burst into flames
The suspect had doused himself in petrol before the officers used a TASER on him, causing him to burst into flames
By Lindsay Watling
PLYMOUTH, England — The death of a man doused in petrol who burst into flames when a police officer zapped him with a TASER is to be examined by watchdogs.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission will look into the circumstances of the death to determine what specifically caused the burns and why the Taser was fired.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend