UK police probed after TASERed man burst into flames
The suspect had doused himself in petrol before the officers used a TASER on him, causing him to burst into flames
By Lindsay Watling
PLYMOUTH, England — The death of a man doused in petrol who burst into flames when a police officer zapped him with a TASER is to be examined by watchdogs.
The Independent Police Complaints Commission will look into the circumstances of the death to determine what specifically caused the burns and why the Taser was fired.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests