Police arrest 31 in huge Belgian diamond heist
$50M uncut diamonds were stolen from Belgian jewelers in February off of a plane
By Raf Casert
Scotland on Sunday
Thirty-one people have been arrested in three countries following a $50 million diamond robbery at Brussels Airport three months ago.
A Frenchman, believed to have been one of the robbers who raided the airport on 18 February, was arrested in France, while six to eight people were detained in Geneva, and 24 in and around Brussels.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police arrest 31 in huge Belgian diamond heist
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house