Fla. police impersonators raid home, beat homeowner
Police are searching for 3 men dressed in tactical gear who have robbed a Fla. home of weapons and cash
By Ihosvani Rodriguez
Miramar, Fla. — Wearing what appeared to be bullet proof vests with law enforcement insignia, the three men came knocking in the dead of night claiming to be police. They were not, and now the real police are searching for the gang of home invasion robbers who posed as cops to gain entry into a Miramar home early Thursday.
The homeowner who opened the door was beaten and his home was ransacked. The homeowner said three men dressed like police officers stormed into the residence. The men appeared to be wearing "tactical" uniforms used by police officers in special units such as SWAT.
The homeowner, whose identity was not released by police, was beaten and suffered injuries that were not life-threatening. The robbers stole weapons, an undisclosed amount of cash and other items, police said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy