Knife-wielding woman fatally shot, Va. officer wounded
Police were called when a female employee began acting strangely and threatened people with a knife
STERLING, Va. — Two people have been shot at a Costco store in Loudoun County, Va., officials said on Wednesday afternoon.
A Costco food service employee had a knife and started talking strangely about the food, officials said.
Witnesses called the police and they showed up when the employee became threatening with the knife to police, officials said in a news conference.
The Loudoun County Sheriff, Mike Chapman, says the deputies used a TASER on the woman, but that didn't really slow her down. That's when one of the deputies fired at the woman, police said.
The woman was killed, as a result of the shooting, and another deputy was shot in the leg, Chapman said.
The deputy was taken to the hospital and now police are investigating the incident on the scene of the Sterling, Va. Costco.
Reprinted with permission from WUSA 9
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms