Knife-wielding woman fatally shot, Va. officer wounded
Police were called when a female employee began acting strangely and threatened people with a knife
STERLING, Va. — Two people have been shot at a Costco store in Loudoun County, Va., officials said on Wednesday afternoon.
A Costco food service employee had a knife and started talking strangely about the food, officials said.
Witnesses called the police and they showed up when the employee became threatening with the knife to police, officials said in a news conference.
The Loudoun County Sheriff, Mike Chapman, says the deputies used a TASER on the woman, but that didn't really slow her down. That's when one of the deputies fired at the woman, police said.
The woman was killed, as a result of the shooting, and another deputy was shot in the leg, Chapman said.
The deputy was taken to the hospital and now police are investigating the incident on the scene of the Sterling, Va. Costco.
Reprinted with permission from WUSA 9
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds