Fla. sheriff denies racial profiling in marijuana arrests
In 2010, Florida had the third-highest number of arrests of blacks for marijuana possession in the nation: 26,711, behind New York and Illinois
By John Lantigua
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
In Palm Beach County, blacks per capita are arrested for marijuana possession nearly five times the rate of whites, according to a recent survey by the ACLU.
Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw and West Palm Beach NAACP President Lia Gaines have markedly different responses.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash