3 Mich. officers resign amid questioned arrest
The officers arrested a man after he snapped a picture of their squad and confiscated his camera phone
By PoliceOne Staff
BAY CITY, Mich. — Three officers have resigned after footage surfaced of a 'questionable' arrest of a man outside a bar in early May.
Three officers — including one off-duty — approached a man, 39, outside the bar when he snapped a photo with his camera phone of their SUV and posted it to Facebook, according to WNEM.
The police vehicle, according to the man’s attorney, had been parked on the wrong side of the street in front of another bar.
Bay City attorney Jason Gower claims the officers threatened the man before placing him under arrest and confiscating his cell phone.
"A uniformed officer and an off-duty officer approached him and started making verbal threats, threats of bodily harm, threats that he's a marked man, threats of that nature," Gower told WNEM.
The man was not charged and claims he was never given his cell phone back. No criminal charges have been made against the officers, but they were put on leave immediately following the incident.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house