2 more LA officers shot in separate attack, suspect dead
During a probation search, a suspect fired, hitting one officer in the face and grazing another in the leg
LOS ANGELES — Los Angeles police say a man suspected of wounding a policeman and a probation officer has been found dead in a Willowbrook home after a 13-hour standoff.
Cmdr. Andrew Smith says a SWAT team entered the home shortly before 9 a.m. Wednesday and found the man in an attic. He's been shot several times.
Smith says an LAPD officer was shot in the face and a probation officer was grazed in the leg around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday as they searched the home. The officer is in intensive care.
At least five officers exchanged shots with the gunman. Officers surrounded the home and adjacent homes were evacuated.
Meanwhile, the hunt continues for a gunman who ambushed and wounded two detectives outside an LA police station on Tuesday. Smith says the two attacks are unrelated.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman