Brazilian referee beheaded for stabbing soccer player
The referee, 20, stabbed a player for shoving him during a game, and crazed fans retaliated
Daily Star Sunday
MARANHAO, Brazil — Crazed fans beheaded a football referee — then placed his head on a stake in the middle of the pitch.
Trouble flared at the game in Maranhao, Brazil, when referee Otavio Jordao da Silva, 20, stabbed a player who shoved him when a decision went against him.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help