Video: Bikini clad women sue over cavity search
The women were confused as to why they were stopped and searched - the officer sited that one woman's shorts had been unzipped
BRAZORIA COUNTY, Texas — Two women subjected to body cavity searches on the side of Highway 288 are suing the officers involved.
The entire stop was recorded on dash camera by the state trooper who initially pulled over Brandy Hamilton and Alexandria Randle for speeding. The trooper asks if there is anything illegal in the car after claiming to smell marijuana. The male trooper reportedly found a small amount of marijuana in the vehicle.
The female trooper in this case, Jennie Bui has been fired. The male trooper, Nathaniel Turner has been suspended during an internal investigation. One of the women is still dealing with a marijuana charge. Both have filed a federal lawsuit against the officers involved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds