D.C. officer arrested for allegedly shooting PO wife
WASHINGTON- WTOP Radio reports a District police officer has been arrested for allegedly shooting his wife, another officer, in the leg.
Prince George's County police charged D.C. Police officer Eligah Shahid with first degree assault, attempt to injure with a deadly weapon and two counts of second degree assault after allegedly shooting his wife, Lt. Patricia Shahid, in the leg early Saturday morning at their home in Cheverly.
A spokesperson for D.C. Police tells WTOP Radio that Officer Shahid has been placed on administrative leave and has had his police powers removed pending an internal investigation.
A spokesperson for Prince George's County says Shadhid was arrested at the scene after someone called 911.
The person who made the call has not been identified. It is not known if Shahid used his service weapon in the shooting.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house