D.C. officer arrested for allegedly shooting PO wife
WASHINGTON- WTOP Radio reports a District police officer has been arrested for allegedly shooting his wife, another officer, in the leg.
Prince George's County police charged D.C. Police officer Eligah Shahid with first degree assault, attempt to injure with a deadly weapon and two counts of second degree assault after allegedly shooting his wife, Lt. Patricia Shahid, in the leg early Saturday morning at their home in Cheverly.
A spokesperson for D.C. Police tells WTOP Radio that Officer Shahid has been placed on administrative leave and has had his police powers removed pending an internal investigation.
A spokesperson for Prince George's County says Shadhid was arrested at the scene after someone called 911.
The person who made the call has not been identified. It is not known if Shahid used his service weapon in the shooting.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests