Police search lake in Hernandez's Conn. hometown
Connecticut police declined to comment on the nature of Monday's search at Pine Lake
BRISTOL, Conn. — Connecticut state police divers are searching a lake in the hometown of Aaron Hernandez, the former New England Patriots player who is charged with murder.
Connecticut police declined to comment on the nature of Monday's search at Pine Lake in Bristol. They're referring calls to Massachusetts prosecutors. A message left there seeking comment there wasn't immediately returned.
Hernandez has pleaded not guilty to murder in the death of Odin Lloyd, a 27-year-old Boston semi-professional football player whose body was found June 17 about a mile from Hernandez's home in North Attleborough, Mass.
Authorities have not found the gun used to kill Lloyd.
They have executed several search warrants in Bristol, at homes linked to Hernandez and his associates Ernest Wallace and Carlos Ortiz, whom authorities say were with Hernandez when Lloyd was killed.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy