Denver man shot after firing at propane tank
The man is suspected of killing a woman and wounding another before being shot by police
DENVER — A man suspected of killing a woman and wounding another is in the hospital after being shot by Denver police after he fired at a propane tank he was carrying.
The suspect was seen walking with a gun and two propane tanks in a neighborhood Friday, prompting police to warn residents to remain indoors.
Police Chief Robert White said officers responded and shot the man when he fired his gun at the tank to cause an explosion.
A woman was found dead in one home and a second woman was found wounded in another. Their identities haven't been released yet.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police