Denver man shot after firing at propane tank
The man is suspected of killing a woman and wounding another before being shot by police
DENVER — A man suspected of killing a woman and wounding another is in the hospital after being shot by Denver police after he fired at a propane tank he was carrying.
The suspect was seen walking with a gun and two propane tanks in a neighborhood Friday, prompting police to warn residents to remain indoors.
Police Chief Robert White said officers responded and shot the man when he fired his gun at the tank to cause an explosion.
A woman was found dead in one home and a second woman was found wounded in another. Their identities haven't been released yet.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert