Maine cops closing in on serial burglary suspects
Lincoln police formed a task force with state police and the Penobscot County Sheriff's Department to investigate the burglaries
By Nick Sambides Jr.
Bangor Daily News
LINCOLN, Maine — Police are awaiting forensic test results that they hope will help them crack a burglary ring of three to 10 suspects who have allegedly targeted businesses in four towns recently, Town Manager William Lawrence said Friday.
The burglaries, which occurred over the last three weeks, have been nagging police but, "We know who our suspects are," said Lawrence, the town's former police chief and an officer with several decades of experience.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court