Police find man in freezer, search for 3 missing kids
Minn. police followed a blood trail to a freezer, where they found a man who was beaten to death by his girlfriend
MINNEAPOLIS — Prosecutors say a Minnesota woman beat her boyfriend to death, taped his body up in plastic and hid it in a freezer because he was trying to break up with her.
Jetaun Wheeler is charged with second-degree murder in the killing of the 58-year-old man at their Shorewood home. Authorities have not named the victim.
A criminal complaint says the 29-year-old Wheeler told investigators the man had taken the bus back to Chicago. Detectives say when they searched the couple's house Aug. 21, they found bloody carpet under Wheeler's mattress. Blood spatter led them to the garage where they found the body in the freezer.
The Star Tribune says authorities are searching for Wheeler's three children, aged 10, 8 and 7.
Shorewood is 18 miles west of Twin Cities.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman