Police: 3 shot in apparent murder-suicide in Md.
Authorities say a 21-year-old man shot and wounded his ex-girlfriend and fatally shot another man
SALISBURY, Md. — Authorities say a 21-year-old man shot and wounded his ex-girlfriend and fatally shot another man at a house near Salisbury University on Maryland's Eastern Shore, then turned the gun on himself.
The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that 21-year-old Ryan Shallue shot 19-year-old Charles Abbott and 20-year-old Kristen Loetz on Tuesday night before shooting himself.
Shallue was pronounced dead at the scene. Abbott was pronounced dead at an area hospital. Loetz, a university student from Stevensville, was in critical but stable condition Wednesday at the Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore.
The sheriff's office says Shallue, who was also from Stevensville, was Loetz' former boyfriend and the pair had argued Tuesday night. When Abbott intervened, the sheriff's office says, Shallue shot him and Loetz.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests