Video: DC police boat crashes responding to call
Police were rescuing two people who jumped off a boat when the crash occurred; no one was hurt
WASHINGTON, D.C. — New details have been released about a dramatic boat crash involving a D.C. Harbor Police boat.
One of the department's boats hit a vessel docked at Washington Harbor in Georgetown Saturday night.
D.C. police released a statement Tuesday saying the unit was responding to a call that two people had jumped off a boat and were swimming towards the Lincoln Memorial.
No one was hurt in the crash.
The boat that was struck partially sank before it was towed to a marina in Alexandria.
The incident remains under investigation.
Reprinted with permission from MyFoxDC
- Airborne / Maritime
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house