Ga. police search for girl abducted in home invasion
Police early Tuesday morning were stopping cars and checking them during an all-out search for the girl
JONESBORO, Ga. — Police are searching for a 14-year-old girl who they say was abducted by robbers from her house southeast of Atlanta.
Police early Tuesday morning were stopping cars and checking them during an all-out search for the girl.
Clayton County police say the two men pried open a back door of the home in the Ellenwood area around 2:15 a.m. Tuesday.
Clayton County police Officer Phong Nguyen (n'wihn) said the home invaders demanded money and jewelry. When the woman said she didn't have any, one of the men shot and killed the family dog.
Police say the men then took 14-year-old Ayvani Hope Perez.
The girl was last seen in a grey Dodge.
Nguyen says the crime apparently was random and that the robbers and family didn't know each other.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic