Ga. police search for girl abducted in home invasion
Police early Tuesday morning were stopping cars and checking them during an all-out search for the girl
JONESBORO, Ga. — Police are searching for a 14-year-old girl who they say was abducted by robbers from her house southeast of Atlanta.
Police early Tuesday morning were stopping cars and checking them during an all-out search for the girl.
Clayton County police say the two men pried open a back door of the home in the Ellenwood area around 2:15 a.m. Tuesday.
Clayton County police Officer Phong Nguyen (n'wihn) said the home invaders demanded money and jewelry. When the woman said she didn't have any, one of the men shot and killed the family dog.
Police say the men then took 14-year-old Ayvani Hope Perez.
The girl was last seen in a grey Dodge.
Nguyen says the crime apparently was random and that the robbers and family didn't know each other.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court