Ohio cop dead in property room after apparent suicide
The president of Fraternal Order of Police last night confirmed that a male police officer apparently shot himself in the property room
By Jim Woods
The Columbus Dispatch
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Columbus police last night were investigating the death of a police officer of an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound at the police property room on the South Side.
Police summoned Columbus fire paramedics at 5:20 p.m. to the Police Division's property room, which is located at 724 E. Woodrow Ave.
Paramedics pronounced the officer dead at 5:29 p.m., the Columbus Fire Division reported.
Jason Pappas, president of Fraternal Order of Police Capital City Lodge 9, last night confirmed that a male police officer apparently shot himself in the property room.
Detectives on the team that handles police-involved shootings are handling the investigation. No more information was being released last night.
Copyright 2013 The Columbus Dispatch
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court