Texas police search for gunman who killed 3, wounded 2
Police have charged Johnathan Sanchez with capitol murder, he is still at large
By Juan A. Lozano
HOUSTON — Investigators are looking for a 25-year-old man they allege is the gunman responsible for fatally shooting three people and wounding two others inside a suburban Houston apartment.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office said Thursday that Johnathan Sanchez, also known as "J Boi," has been charged with capital murder in connection with the shootings.
Authorities say a young man and two young women died Wednesday after each was shot multiple times, including in the head, at the Peppermill Place Apartments in an unincorporated area 25 miles northwest of downtown Houston.
The two survivors of the gunfire remain hospitalized at Memorial Hermann-Texas Trauma Institute. A hospital spokeswoman declined to release their conditions. The names of those killed and injured in the shooting have not been released by authorities.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert