Del. trooper shot, manhunt underway for shooter
Trooper Richard Deskis is recovering from a shot to the arm as police search for a gunman
By PoliceOne Staff
WILMINGTON, Del. — An officer is at home recovering after being shot in the arm Wednesday afternoon, while Delaware state police scour the area in search of the shooter.
Richard Deskis, 44, was helping Wilmington police investigate a suspicious vehicle that appeared to contain stolen merchandise when shots were fired, according to ABC 6.
Deskis, a 17-year-veteran of the state police, was interviewing a woman at the time, when witnesses say two shots rang out from an unknown direction and Deskis was struck in the right arm and dropped to the ground.
One man was taken into custody and later released, according to the report.
- Police Heroes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper