Del. trooper shot, manhunt underway for shooter
Trooper Richard Deskis is recovering from a shot to the arm as police search for a gunman
By PoliceOne Staff
WILMINGTON, Del. — An officer is at home recovering after being shot in the arm Wednesday afternoon, while Delaware state police scour the area in search of the shooter.
Richard Deskis, 44, was helping Wilmington police investigate a suspicious vehicle that appeared to contain stolen merchandise when shots were fired, according to ABC 6.
Deskis, a 17-year-veteran of the state police, was interviewing a woman at the time, when witnesses say two shots rang out from an unknown direction and Deskis was struck in the right arm and dropped to the ground.
One man was taken into custody and later released, according to the report.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic