Police: Postal worker killed on duty in Md.
The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is offering a $100,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest in the shooting
LANDOVER, Md. — Police say a postal worker has been shot to death while delivering mail about 10 miles from the nation's capital.
Police said they were called to a street Saturday evening in Landover and found 26-year-old Tyson Jerome Barnette dead from apparent gunshot wounds. Police are trying to identify suspects and a motive.
U.S. Postal Service spokesman Frank Schissler says it's rare for a postal worker to be killed while delivering mail, but it has happened. A postal worker was killed north of Houston in May and in 2010, a deliveryman in Miami was shot to death.
The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is offering a $100,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest in the shooting.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy