SF police searching for man who threw cats into bay
The man walked up to a well-known homeless woman and threw her belongings into the bay - including her two adult cats
By Amber Lee
SAN FRANCISCO — San Francisco Animal Control is asking for the public’s help in finding the man they say deliberately killed two cats.
The cats belonged to a homeless woman who is well known along the Embarcadero area in San Francisco.
But on Monday afternoon at Pier 14, Animal Control says for some unknown reason a man approached the woman and threw her belongings into San Francisco Bay.
Animal Control officers say they're waiting to get surveillance video from the Amtrak station hoping that it may show the suspect running from the scene. If caught, the man faces felony charges of animal cruelty.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend