LA officials to offer $75K reward in TV director's death
James Marcus Howe was fatally shot when a man posing as a solicitor knocked on his door and forced his way inside
LOS ANGELES — Los Angeles officials are offering a $75,000 reward in the fatal home-invasion shooting of a director on the reality TV show "America's Next Top Model."
Councilman Jose Huizar introduced the motion Friday in an effort to spur leads in the Nov. 27 killing of 42-year-old James Marcus Howe.
Police say a man posing as a solicitor knocked on Howe's door in the Eagle Rock neighborhood at 10:55 a.m. and tried to force his way inside.
A fight ensued, and another man pulled out a handgun, opening fire. Howe's wife was injured, but their 6-year-old son unharmed.
Police are looking for two men in their late teens or early 20s and a woman. They were driving a Ford Mustang.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house