Man in SC elderly home shoots at residents, officers
Stanley Crosby, 65, faces seven counts of attempted murder, no one was injured
ORANGEBURG, S.C. — A South Carolina assisted living center resident is in jail after authorities say he fired a gun at the facility and then shot at arriving officers.
The State Law Enforcement Division has been asked to investigate the shootout Saturday in Orangeburg. The agency is involved because officers returned fire before capturing 65-year-old Stanley Crosby.
Crosby faces seven counts of attempted murder. At least 11 residents and employees of the home were evacuated along with residents of surrounding houses. No injuries were reported.
It's not known if Crosby is represented by an attorney and a telephone number listed for him was disconnected.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform