Man in SC elderly home shoots at residents, officers
Stanley Crosby, 65, faces seven counts of attempted murder, no one was injured
ORANGEBURG, S.C. — A South Carolina assisted living center resident is in jail after authorities say he fired a gun at the facility and then shot at arriving officers.
The State Law Enforcement Division has been asked to investigate the shootout Saturday in Orangeburg. The agency is involved because officers returned fire before capturing 65-year-old Stanley Crosby.
Crosby faces seven counts of attempted murder. At least 11 residents and employees of the home were evacuated along with residents of surrounding houses. No injuries were reported.
It's not known if Crosby is represented by an attorney and a telephone number listed for him was disconnected.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy