Texas cops search for suspect who shot at officers
The man opened fired on officers, who returned fire, police said. He fled into a secluded area, and a police helicopter and a K-9 unit were searching for him Wednesday afternoon
Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Grand Prairie police were searching a neighborhood near Joe Pool Lake on Christmas Day after a driver fired at police and then fled.
The incident began at 4:30 a.m., when an officer pulled over a vehicle in the 3100 block of North Caminos Lagos, police said in a news release. The driver fled and police chased him a short way, police said.
The man opened fired on officers, who returned fire, police said. He fled into a secluded area, and a police helicopter and a K-9 unit were searching for him Wednesday afternoon.
Police asked residents of the Mira Lagos neighborhood to limit outdoor activities and report any suspicious activities.
Copyright 2013 the Fort Worth Star-Telegram
McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert