Grandmother shoots, kills teen robbery suspect
Police say the teen barged into her home carrying a shotgun and demanded money out of the safe
By Fred Childers
SHREVEPORT, La. — Police have identified the alleged robber who was killed by a homeowner Sunday night. His name is Devon Antonio Young - a sixteen year-old who lived in Shreveport.
Police say the teen barged into her home carrying a shotgun and demanding money out of the safe."And as I was unlocking the safe and I prayed to God to give me strength, to get through this, it'll be me or him," said the woman.
"And that's when I fired my gun and hit him with the first round," said the victim of a home invasion in the 3000 block of Morningside Drive in Shreveport.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house